Business capital requirements in Canada often boil down to some basic truths the business owner/financial mgr/entrepreneur needs to address when it comes to financing for businesses.One of those truths? Knowing the true state of their financial condition and what financing they do and don’t qualify for when it comes to meeting commercial lending requirements in Canadian business.Business Loans In CanadaWhether you are smaller or start-up firm looking for information on how to get a business loan or a larger established firm looking for growth financing or acquisition opportunities we’re highlighting 3 mistakes that commercial loan seekers like your company need to avoid making when addressing, sourcing and negotiating your cash flow / working capital and commercial financing needs.1. Understand the true condition of your company finances – These are almost always successful addressed when you spend time on your financials and understand how your financial statements reflect your access to commercial loans & business credit in general2. Ensure you have a plan in place for sales growth and financial needs as it relates to commercial financing3. Understand that actual hard facts about cash flow which is, of course, the lifeblood of your companyCan you honestly answer or feel positive about all those 3 points. If so, pass Go and collect $ 100.00!A good way to address your company’s finance plans is to ensure you understand growth finance solutions, as well as how to manage in a downturn – i.e. not growing, losing money, etc; It’s never fun to fund yourself in an economic or industry downturn such as the COVID pandemic of 2020!When we talk to clients of new or established businesses it seems they are almost always talking about sales, so the ability to understand and focus on the differences in their profits and cash fluctuations is key.How do cash flow and sales plans and projections affect the type of financing you require? For one thing sales growth usually starts out by consuming your cash, not generating it. A poor finance plan will drag your business down and addressing financing simply gets tougher and tougher.Three basics always emerge when it comes to your search for the right business capital and financing.1. The amount of financing you need2. The type of financing (debt/cash flow/asset monetization) The business loan interest rate will be dramatically affected by whether you choose traditional or alternative financing solutions. Private business loans in Canada come from non regulated commercial finance companies most often known as ‘ alternative lenders ‘. These lenders are typically highly specialized in one ‘ niche ‘ of business financing and may be Canadian firms or branches of U.S. banks and non-bank lenders3. How the financing is structured to be manageable with your day to day operationsWhat Finance Company In Canada Can Meet Your Borrowing Needs & Why Is Capital Important In BusinessLet’s identify and break down key financings your firm should know about and understand if they are applicable and achievable to your business. They include:A/R Financing / Factoring / Confidential Receivable FinanceInventory finance / floor planning / retail inventoryWorking Capital term loansUnsecured cash flow loansMerchant working capital loans/advances – these loans are geared toward short term cash needs and are typically one year in duration. Loan amounts are typically 15-20% of your annual sales revenues.Royalty financeAsset based non bank business lines of creditTax credit financing (SR&ED bridge loans)Equipment Leasing / Sale leasebacks – Equipment financing in Canada is used by almost 80% of all companies looking to acquire new, and used, assets.Govt Guaranteed Small Business Loan program – Government Loans in Canada are sometimes referred to as ‘ SBL’, aka Note: BDC Finance solutions are available from this Canadian non-bricks and morter crown corporation. A small business loan via the government-guaranteed loan program comes with true flexibility around term loan duration, market rates, no pre payment penalties, and of course the low personal guarantee that is required by borrowers. These two ‘ government ‘ loan solutions are often perfect for financing a new business.If you’re focused on not making mistakes in your business finance needs and want to capitalize on the solutions your competitors are probably already using seek out and speak to a trusted, credible and experienced Canadian business financing advisor who can assist you with your cash flow and commercial financing needs.
A new commercial loan program that is similar to the traditional residential 30 year fixed is now on the market. The loan is fully amortizing over 30 years and the rate is fixed for the entire term.Relatively new to the industry, this program is turning heads. Primary benefit is obvious, knowing that you do not have to worry about future rate increases. Other less well know benefits include ability to pay down loan by 20% per year, 90% financing on purchases for owner occupants and rates/fees right in line with traditional loans.As a comparison, traditional loans are fixed for 5 years and amortized over 20 years. At the end of the 5 years the loan balloons and rate is reset at market conditions.”How? And why haven’t I heard of it before?”The evolving commercial secondary market is the source of this program (and others). Historically, banks originated and funded loans basically with their own money, primarily from deposits. They were (and still are) at direct risk of losing that capital should the borrower default on the loan.The secondary market is different than the traditional system. Loans are instead “pooled” together creating greater diversification and thus less risk for the entities holding onto the loans (like insurance companies/pension funds). Pools are typically in the $100′s of millions, comprised of 100′s of individual loans spread out geographically and by different building types.This diversification is one of the fundamentally differences, that enable major instructional lenders to create and underwrite loans outside of the norm.”What are the negatives?”Few. Prepayment penalties are slightly higher than traditional loans and rates can be higher on high LTV scenarios. Although this is not a solid comparison, most bank financing only goes to 80% financing vs. 90% LTV on this program.
For someone who is looking to buy a property, home loans is an intelligent option in India. It gives you ownership of the house in easy installments plus it gives you certain tax benefits. Owning a house is a major decision both financially and emotionally. Purchase of real estate after all is an investment, giving you good returns in the long run. For this you must choose the right type of home loan with the best offers and interest rates. There are certain facts about the Income Tax Act in India you should be aware of as well.Home loans can cover the following – purchase of land, renovation, extension and construction. The following are different types of loans banks in India offer:1. Home Purchase Loan: This is the commonly sought loan. It is used when you buy a new apartment or house.
2. Home extension loan: This loan can be taken up when you need to extend your current apartment or house further like for example, an extra bathroom, another room etc.
3. Home construction loan: This is taken up when you want funds to construct a new home on an existing property. This loan can sometimes be confused with home purchase loan but you should know that the terms and conditions of this loan are very different from purchase loans.
4. Home conversion loans: This loan is used when you want to want to move to a new home and need the extra funds for it. This eliminates the need of prepayment of the previous loan.
5. Bridge loans: This is for that time when you are selling the old house and buying a new house. The loan amount helps you to buy the new house while you are waiting to sell the old home.
6. Home Improvement loans: This loan is opted for when you are looking to get some renovations done in your house. Repair works are also included in this loan.The tax benefits of loans in India:It requires a huge sum of money to buy a new home. To make the financial burden lighter on the common man, the Government gives some tax benefits on home loans. Here are a few things you should know about them:1. Purchase loans and construction loans can attract tax benefits. The interest as well as principal components get these benefits.
2. Repair of property is also eligible for interest deduction.
3. Any home or construction loan taken on or after April 1st, 1999 is eligible for deduction of up to Rs.1.5 lakhs. Before that date, Rs. 30,000 is deducted.
4. The deductible can take place only once the house has been constructed or bought. It can take place as five installments. It takes place over five years. The first one is deductible in the first year the construction is finished.Home loans – The situation in IndiaThere are more than a few banks offering home loans in this country. Depending on the EMIs you can make your choice. There is quite a competition between lenders. You can apply online as well as offline for the home loan.Even though there are many lenders, you must make your choice for home loans lender wisely as it is a huge financial investment and decision.